Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Orange Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies


If you ever offer me a cookie, expect a response like, "Actually, do you have any cookie dough left, instead?"  There is just something about that chewy, soft, doughy taste that I typically prefer over a cooked cookie.  But I have found an alternative to my love for cookie dough... Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies!  It's nearly the next best thing - still chewy, soft and if slightly undercooked... doughy! And I have found a fabulous GF recipe for these that makes you stop and think - is this a GF cookie or not?  But I did, however, add one tiny ingredient that enhances the vanilla and cinnamon flavors... zest from a whole orange.  Strange how such a small thing can make such a large difference - a big pop of tang and freshness.  A must try for all cookie or cookie dough lovers!

2 comments:

  1. These look amazing! Those cookies and a cup of coffee is a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! These would be great for dunking. :)

    ReplyDelete