Friday, March 2, 2012

Lunch Date


I've recently discovered that I love Dates, because they're sweet and chewy and taste even better when they're stuffed with... Cheese!  I thought these little treats would be an appetizing start to a lunch my mother attended last weekend and sure enough, the plate was empty in no time.  In one small bite, you'll get a mouthful of Spring flavors... Dill and Lemon Zest that I used to liven up the mild Laughing Cow Swiss Cheese.  Top if off with a Pecan Nut and you've got yourself a chewy, creamy and crunchy delight!

What you'll need: for about 3 doz.

About 2 pkgs of Pitted Dates (depending on how many come in each pkg)
2 pkgs of Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese (8 individual triangles in each pkg)
Dill
Zest 2 Lemons
Ground Black Pepper
Pecan Nuts


With a small knife, cut a lengthwise slit for each date.  Set aside the open dates while you make the filling.  In a small bowl, mix together the cheese, lemon zest, dill and black pepper (according to taste) with a fork.  Scoop a spoonful of the filling and stuff each date.  Place a pecan nut on top and serve immediately. 


1 comment:

  1. omg, these look beyond amazing. thanks for sharing, love. I hope you had a fabulous weekend. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear what you think of my latest outfit post. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete